Global Champions Let people create their own energy.
Project ManagementPeople behind solar learning
“The energy leapfrog in Africa is possible”
“Education in solar technology is key to ensure people’s energy independence”
“People in Chitondo are ready for a change”
Clara Nothdurft: Design and Painting
Projects OverviewSee the full reports.
The first solar learning system is being implemented in Chitondo. It is a village located 6 hours drive north from Mosambique’s capital city Maputo. This is project ist meant to be a demonstration project that could be reproduced in other off-grid regions.
Join & collaborateBring in new ideas
To realize the first demonstration school in Chitondo more partners and supporters are needed. Any support from professional expertise to financial donations is appreciated. The success of solar learning depends on a structured cooperation between motivated experts from different fields. Especially public awareness and media coverage are drivers for scalability.
- Educational material to teach solar technology (solar power, DC-electricity and batteries)
- Social media and communication design
- University advice for technical and educational guidance or social impact assessment
- NGO advice for technical guidance and scale up assistance
- Governmental support from the Mozambique state